Anyone have luck with WLE900VX?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Feb 21 20:05:23 EST 2014

I managed to get a few WLE900VX, and I've seen some funny things so far.

First, with the official firmware 10.1.467.1-1 it immediately crashes on startup.
I don't have that firmware source, so I don't know why it crashes.
I wasn't even trying to create more than the default wlanX station.

With my firmware (based on 10.1.389), it boots up OK and I can create
and associate 32 station vifs.

Both NICs that I have tried so far report the same mostly bogus
MAC:  00:03:07:12:34:56

The NIC's spec sheet claims it is 3x3, but 'iw phy phyX info' shows only
2 streams supported for both the 2.4Ghz n band and the 5Ghz /ac band.

When stations associate (with ath9k AP in this case), throughput is
very bad..tx rate-control rate is stuck at 6Mbps, and rx rate is normally around
300Mbps.  (Rates are as reported by OS/driver, I did not try sniffing
the air..but total goodput throughput was in line with that bad tx rate.)

RX signal is all over the place, even though AP and STA are close by.

This is using over-the-air connection.

If anyone else has any experience with these NICs I'm interested to
hear about it...