IBSS mode is now supported by CT firmware.

Sven Eckelmann sven at open-mesh.com
Thu Dec 4 07:28:55 PST 2014

On Monday 01 December 2014 09:57:50 Ben Greear wrote:
> If you have time, can you see if you can get encryption working with
> ath9k to ath9k?  I could not get that working, and I am not sure if
> it is my supplicant setup or if I have some other bugs somewhere...
>
> Please post config files if you do get it working.

My wpa_supplicant config:

ap_scan=2
network={
	mode=1
	scan_ssid=0
	ssid="mesh"
	bssid=02:BA:DE:AF:FE:01
	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
	proto=RSN
	frequency=2462
	fixed_freq=1
	beacon_int=100
	mcast_rate=18
	ibss_ht_mode=HT20
	psk="89b8e7e66900dd31b4d1fefa60ed3efb"
}

You need at least the wpa_supplicant version from
http://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/commit/?id=13adc57b39091dc59372efbeb614b74310dd2e02

> And, what is ath9k to ath9k transfer rates?

I don't have numbers here which I am allowed to post but it is only slightly
(really tiny difference when measurable at all) slower than the AP<->Sta
setup.

But you also need an wpa_supplicant patch to enable HT-rates (together with
wpa_supplicant).

http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2012-November/026934.html

Btw. I haven't tested your fw and thus cannot say if anything written above
would also work with ath10k.

Kind regards,
	Sven