Anyone else see host machine lockups?

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Mon Apr 21 23:53:32 PDT 2014

On 18 April 2014 22:09, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> We can reliably lock up a host system (no splats, no mention of
> firmware crashes, system just dies) when we bring up or down a
> bunch of vifs in a system with 3 radios in a PC.
>
> Anyone else seeing similar?

>From what I understand this seems to be faulty CUS hardware design.
The problem occurs when trying to perform cold reset on target device
which sometimes leads to voltage drops/spikes which in turn breaks
PCI-E link. Some host controllers apparently can't deal with it and
hang the whole machine (e.g. Thinkpad T430), while others just lose
connectivity with the device and need re-plugging (e.g. Dell E6420) or
display a splat and need to be restarted before given PCI-E slot can
be used again (e.g. AP135's "Data bus error").

Michal