Running throughput tests

Bart Jooris bart.jooris at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 12:48:55 PDT 2014

Hi Kalle,

I also have a stable 500Mbps ++ link now :-) with peaks up to 520Mbps
(measured with iperf UDP).
I've  made a second AP and STA with the WLE900VX cards I've exchanged
with Ben (Thanks again!). Both have Ubuntu 12.04, ath10k from backports
release and modified  regulatory.bin.
The AP has now 10.1.467.2-1 like you suggested and STA has still
999.999.0.636.
In combination with, the lowest txPower and  the dipole antennas
configured like this
"\    | /"  (same plane)
we measured 500Mbps++ in a anechoic chamber (ranged AP<->STA 20cm .. 270cm).
We observed the same speeds  at our offices now and even when we replace
the  antennas with 1:1 coax + 20db attenuation we 've got 500Mbps++.

Sometime It can take up to 20 seconds before the link maximises, but
once it gets there it is extremely stable :-).
I will take a look at the ath10k_core.ko debug_mask and HTT statistics
first to see what happens.
Should I still be able to build a sniffer with the interface in monitor
mode in combination Wireshark?

Thanks a lot,

Bart

p.s. The configuration with the sparkLAN WPEA-351AC cards still doesn't
give the same results. Probably my bad, I will double check it again.

--
Bart Jooris
Department of Information Technology