[RFT 0/4] ath10k: fix flushing and tx stalls

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Apr 9 13:34:18 EDT 2014

On 04/08/2014 11:25 PM, Michal Kazior wrote:

> Additional kernel config:
>
> CONFIG_ATH10K_DEBUG=y
> CONFIG_ATH10K_DEBUGFS=y
> CONFIG_ATH10K_TRACING=y
> CONFIG_MAC80211_MESSAGE_TRACING=y
>
> This probably requires this to be set first:
>
> CONFIG_TRACING=y
> CONFIG_GENERIC_TRACER=y
> CONFIG_TRACING_SUPPORT=y
>
> (it's in Kernel Hacking)
>
> Once you have this you can use trace-cmd command to gathers logs:
>
>   trace-cmd record -e mac80211 -e cfg80211 -e ath10k
>
> And then perform whatever tortures on ath10k you wish.
>
> This creates trace.dat in your current directory. The file can get
> pretty heavy and it might not fit into an email so we might need to
> transfer it "out of band" somehow.
>
> If you use wpa_supplicant/hostapd you can pass -T argument to those to
> get all their messages into tracing as markers. This way you're able
> to get unified logs in one file with correct chronological order.

My version of supplicant does not support -T.  I have just sync'd down the
latest upstream hostapd code and will see if that adds the support.

Here are the trace output logs and /var/log/messages.

http://www.candelatech.com/tmp/ath10k-debug.tar.bz2

Test case is to create 32 stations, bring them up and get DHCP, start
10Mbps TCP traffic on each, and re-set them.  When resetting them system generally craps
out and user-space app trying to reset the ports hangs..  Logs are full
of ath10k driver error messages.

In previous tests, I think I was running traffic while bringing up
additional interfaces, so that is probably why I could not even bring
them up properly with your patches.

This is with your RFTv2 patches on top of some of my patches and
recent wl-ath tree.  This is using my modified firmware since this
test case cannot work at all on standard firmware.

Let me know if I can offer any additional logs or info.