[RFT 0/4] ath10k: fix flushing and tx stalls

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Tue Apr 8 01:51:45 EDT 2014

On 8 April 2014 04:31, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> On 04/07/2014 02:11 AM, Michal Kazior wrote:
>
>> These logs are not enough. I'd love to see traces for this to see what
>> frames are actually submitted and when tx credits are replenished.
>>
>> I also wonder if this can be somehow related to your FW changes to
>> allow connecting multiple client virtual interfaces to a single AP?
>

> I think it is unlikely due to my firmware changes...little of that touched
> the handling of management frames.  It might very well be a basic problem in
> either the firmware or driver when using multiple station VIFS.  I think
> that
> aside from my testing that code has not been used much.
>
> Note my followup email that problems started with patch 3/4...not sure you
> saw that one or not.  I saw similar failure to associate & get DHCP (and
> slow/hung user-space) without the kernel error logs.

I did get that mail. It's just that it makes little sense. Patch 3/4
simply extends ath10k_flush() to wait for management frames. It
shouldn't change behaviour of tx credit starvation which appears to be
the case in the logs you provided.

> I've added the first two patches to my tree and will continue to run
> with them since they do not appear to cause problems so far.

Patch 2/4 is probably meaningless in itself. It is just a preparation for 4/4.

Anyway, thanks for testing!