[RFT 0/4] ath10k: fix flushing and tx stalls

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Fri Apr 4 07:37:40 EDT 2014

Hi,

After digging around I've found what seems to be
the problem with WMI Tx credit starvation and
inability to properly flush Tx in ath10k_flush().

Long story short: if a client that was asleep (as
per what firmware thinks) goes out of range (or
just stops responding) then Tx rots in FW/HW
queues for a few seconds before it's discarded.
For WMI Tx credits this means management frames
eat up Tx credits for a few seconds (causing other
WMI commands to timeout and return -EAGAIN/-11).
For HTT Tx this means NullFunc frames would get
stuck for a few seconds before completion was
received.

@Ben: Can you check if this helps you? I tested
this briefly and at least [1/4] seems fixes the
WMI Tx starvation. I'm hoping patches 2-4 help
with your ath10k_flush() failures which I haven't
been successfull in reproducing (but have observed
improvement with purging some frames out of FW/HW
queues).

Michal Kazior (4):
  ath10k: fix wmi-htc tx credit starvation
  ath10k: rework peer accounting
  ath10k: wait for mgmt tx when flushing too
  ath10k: improve tx flushing

 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/core.h |   7 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/mac.c  | 254 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/txrx.c |  29 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/wmi.c  |   5 -
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/wmi.h  |   4 +

1.8.5.3