Crash when loading module

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Sun Sep 1 02:15:06 EDT 2013

Christian Lamparter <chunkeey at googlemail.com> writes:

>> Found a way now:
>>
>> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2013-August/000279.html
>>
>> Zaki, I would appreciate if you could test that patch and see if ath10k
>> still crashes (it shouldn't). And if you want to provide your full name
>> I can add your name to the Reported-by tag.
>
> I get this before it crashes now. (This is a QCA-9880-AR1A from TP-Link Archer C7)
>
> [  271.140000] ath10k: Warning: chip id 0x043200ff is not known, expect problems
>
> Could it be, that this is just a typo, or are there several v1.0 chip_ids?

I found out (after I sent the patch) that the chip id actually contains
more than just the hardware revision. So when testing for hard revision
(hw1.0 vs hw2.0) we need to do:

(chip_id & 0xf00) >> 8

0x2 will be hw2.0 and 0x0 will be hw1.0. This seems to match with the
chip ids my boards have and also you what you have. I'll send a v2,
thanks for the feedback.