Io error

Qiu Siyu ppqq2356 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 12:28:48 EDT 2013

Dear Ms/Mr,

I am now trying to flash the ath10k driver and its firmware into a wireless
card on PC. The wireless card is removed from TP-Link Archer c7. However,
the wifi does not work.

When I type lspci -vv

Informations about Network controller shows !!! Unknown type 7f. Of cause
the version of my wireless card is v2(003c).

Then I study the source code. Something unusual happens in
ath10k_pci_diag_read_access(pci.c): in the first if statement which
comparing address with DRAM_BASE_ADDRESS, I print out those two. They are
4008f8 and 400000, meaning that a temporary bounce buffer needs allocating
to hold caller's data to be DMA'ed from Target. Though ath10k_ce_send
succeeds, the next function- ath10k_ce_completed_send_next fails. I notice
that this function will call ath10k_ce_completed_send_next_nolock and go on
calling ath10k_cesrc_ting_read_index_get. Here error occurs. The returning
from ath10k_cesrc_ting_read_index_get, which is the read_index is exactly
0xffffffff yielding an EBusy return. I find it is caused by ioread32, which
return the 0xffffffff.

Do you know why those things happen? Could you please help me fix them?
Many thanks!

regards,
Siyu