[ANNOUNCE] ALPSS+ARTT 2019

Christoph Hellwig hch at infradead.org
Tue Sep 1 05:35:23 EDT 2020

We proudly announce the co-hosted Alpine Linux Persistence and Storage
Summit (ALPSS) + Alpine Real Time Treffen (ART), which will be held
October 2nd to October 4th 2019 at the Lizumerhuette [1][2] in Austria.

This is a scaled down replacement event for ALPSS and The Realtime
Community summit, allowing the discussion of Linux storage and realtime
related topics in a relaxed alpine environment.

We plan to have a small selection of short and to the point talks with
lots of room for discussion in small groups, as well as ample downtime
to enjoy the surrounding.

Attendance is free except for the accommodation and food at the lodge [3],
but the number of seats is strictly limited.  If you are interested in
attending please reserve a seat by mailing your favorite topic(s) to:

	alpss-pc at lists.infradead.org

If you are interested in giving a short and crisp talk please also send
an abstract to the same address.

The Lizumerhuette is an Alpine Society lodge in a high alpine environment.
A hike of approximately 2 hours is required to the lodge, and no other
accommodations are available within walking distance.

Due to the COVID-19 outbreak we will put a special emphasis on social
distancing.  Current rules for alpine society huts in Austria can be
found here [4].  There are travel restrictions in place that may not
allow for travel to Austria for the residents of many countries.  See
here for a current list [5].

Thank you on behalf of the program committee:

    Christoph Hellwig
    Johannes Thumshirn
    Daniel Wagner
    Richard Weinberger

[1] http://www.tyrol.com/things-to-do/sports/hiking/refuge-huts/a-lizumer-hut
[2] https://www.glungezer.at/l-i-z-u-m-e-r-h-%C3%BC-t-t-e/
[3] approx. EUR 40-60 per person and night, depending on the room
    category
[4] https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.alpenverein.at%2Fportal%2Fnews%2Faktuelle_news%2F2020%2F2020_03_13_coronavirus-alpenverein.php&prev=search
[5] https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information