[wireless-regdb] wireless-regdb: Update regulatory rules for Brazil (BR) on 6GHz

Bernardo Donadio bcdonadio at bcdonadio.com
Thu Aug 25 18:29:58 PDT 2022

Hello.

I would like to request the following inclusion to the BR entry in the
regdb, since Anatel (Brazil's telecomunication regulatory body) has
officially licensed the WiFi 6E band in February 26, 2021.

It was defined as the 5.925 to 7.125MHz spectrum range, strictly for
indoor use, limited to 30dBm EIRP for AP stations and 24dBm for clients.
Requirement for NO-IR was explicitly waived, and no requirement for
AUTO-BW or DFS was made. No specific channel width was defined besides
the spectral power density limitation of 5dBm/MHz, so 160MHz channels
are allowed if my math is right (I would appreciate if someone could
double-check it).

The original publication regulating bands for local private use can be
found here: http://www.ncc.org.br/img/Ato%2014448.pdf

The amendment that allowed the 6E band can be found here:
https://www.in.gov.br/web/dou/-/ato-n-1.306-de-26-de-fevereiro-de-2021-306493325
in section 11.7.

Allowing outdoor use is being debated, but it hasn't been licensed yet
since 5G operators want to use the same slice of spectrum. There could
be further changes in the next year.

Thank you.

--
Bernardo Donadio