[wireless-regdb] wireless-regdb: Update regulatory rules for Germany (DE) on 5GHz

Anne Marcel Roorda marcel at density.slowthinkers.net
Thu Apr 21 13:13:14 PDT 2016

On 21 Apr 2016, Seth Forshee wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 08:08:46PM +0200, Maximilian Engelhardt wrote:
>
>> The comments to my initial mail indicated that the statement in the ERC
>> recommendation I linked are alone not enough to add this frequency ranges for
>> other countries. Unfortunately I don't have the possibility to do these checks
>> for countries other than Germany.
>
>Yep, I understand and am in agreement. I know how challenging it can be
>to try to track down this information.

  I could do the same for NL.

  At the moment entries for NL are listed as center frequencies
(almost, 5490 - 5710 @ 160 should be 5550 - 5645 @ 160), while for DE
the whole band is listed (5470 - 5725 @ 160).

  Power budget is listed in db while the law specifies mW.

  What is the prefered format, and would a rewrite for NL listing the band
and power in mW be acceptable ?

Thanks,

- marcel