[wireless-regdb] wireless-regdb: Update regulatory rules for Germany (DE) on 5GHz

Petko Bordjukov bordjukov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 12:27:40 PDT 2016

Hello,

Just to add my input to this thread. I've previously contributed the SRD ranges
for Bulgaria, hopefully this info will provide pointers for research in other EU
countries. Since then I've doublechecked the standards situation for Wi-Fi with
the local communications regulation commission and one of the staffers there has
given me an expert opinion (I would attach it, but it's a nasty HTML email in
Bulgarian, if there's interest, I'd be glad to share and translate it).

The gist on the SRDs is that in Bulgaria they fall under the following
standards (which correspond to ETSI standards):

BDS EN 300 440-2[0]
BDS EN 300 674-2-2[1]

Note that the first one is a harmonized standard (so in theory it should be
universally adopted accross the EU) and the second one is a candidate harmonized
standard (so you should check if it's already been adopted locally).

As far as I could tell, BDS EN 300 674-2-2 defines the maximum e.i.r.p. for the
SRD range but someone more knowledgable should take a look, too.

One thing that they did not mention is that there's a BDS EN 300 440-1[2] that
does indeed also specify the max e.i.r.p. but I've reached this through my own
research and did not get this info from anybody affilliated with the CRC.

Also, note that the EN 300 440-1[3] still does NOT seem to be a harmonized standard
(again, probably one should check if it has been adopted locally).

[0] http://www.bds-bg.org/en/standard/?natstandard_document_id=47135
[1] http://www.bds-bg.org/bg/standard/?natstandard_document_id=32906
[2] http://www.bds-bg.org/bg/standard/?natstandard_document_id=30570
[3] http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_en/300400_300499/30044001/01.06.01_60/en_30044001v010601p.pdf