[wireless-regdb] [RFC] wireless: improve dfs-region intersection.

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at do-not-panic.com
Wed Jun 25 10:20:05 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> I started trying to do some more DFS testing on a 3.14.8+ kernel,
> and from what I can tell, the US region is configured for
> DFS-Unset.  I was assuming this should be set to DFS_FCC.
>
> I tried installing the latest regulatory.bin.  crda is whatever
> is standard on Fedora 19.
>
> Do you know if DFS is supposed to work at all in the 3.14 kernel?

DFS region support was added upstream via 8b60b07805

mcgrof at ergon ~/linux (git::master)$ git describe --contains 8b60b07805
v3.3-rc1~182^2~44^2~384

Now, that doesn't mean a driver will have DFS support of course. I'm
not going to treasure hunt that for you.

> I'm certain I had this working earlier on this machine,
> but I was on a somewhat patched linux.ath tree at the
> time it seems....

There's an issue Krishna reported about internal db now parsing the
new db.txt format properly after the antenna gain removal but a patch
is supposed to be on the way.  You don't seem to be using that though
so you may want to debug things a bit further.

 Luis