[wireless-regdb] new regulatory database mainteiner -- Seth Forshee

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Thu Dec 4 11:59:46 PST 2014

Greetings,

As you may know, I have been maintaining the wireless regulatory rules
database used by CRDA since the project was started.  Although I
am not an expert on regulatory law by anyone's estimation, I have
maintained this database both through personal trust in those
presenting patches and through an abundance of caution about only
applying non-controversial changes.

In any case, I now find other demands on my time.  I have asked Seth
Forshee if he would be willing to accept this responsibility from
me and Seth has graciously done so.  Seth, Luis, and I have been in
the process of making the actual technical hand-off over the past
several days, and I think everything should be in place soon (if it
isn't already there now).  This includes ensuring that Seth has the
necessary access for publishing wireless-regdb updates on kernel.org,
and ensuring that his public signing key is included as part of the
CRDA package distribution.

I would like to thank Seth for taking this important duty upon himself
and I wish him all the best in doing so.  I hope that everyone else
will do the same!

Thanks,

John