[wireless-regdb] KR Country Code Allowed Frequencies

Daiwei Li daiweili at suitabletech.com
Mon Apr 28 15:21:50 PDT 2014

Hello,

We've found that our Juniper access points (WLA532-WW) allow the
setting of channel 165 (5825 MHz) for country code KR. However, the
regulatory database on our Linux machines does not seem to contain
that frequency for country code KR:

country KR:
        (2402.000 - 2482.000 @ 20.000), (N/A, 20.00)
        (2402.000 - 2482.000 @ 40.000), (N/A, 20.00)
        (5170.000 - 5250.000 @ 80.000), (N/A, 20.00)
        (5250.000 - 5330.000 @ 80.000), (N/A, 20.00), DFS
        (5490.000 - 5710.000 @ 80.000), (N/A, 30.00), DFS
        (5735.000 - 5815.000 @ 80.000), (N/A, 30.00)

I've checked the latest database from
http://wireless.kernel.org/download/wireless-regdb/regulatory.bins/
and it appears to be the same.

We've also found some documentation of Cisco access points ([1], [2])
that state that 5825 MHz is allowed in Korea.

Is it possible that the regulatory database is wrong in this case? If
not, is there some documentation to the contrary?

Best,
Daiwei

[1]: http://www.intermec.com/public-files/product-profiles/en/Cisco1230AGAP_spec_web.pdf
[2]: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/wcs/3-2/configuration/guide/wcscfg32/wcscod.html