[wireless-regdb] wireless-regdb: Update regulatory rules for Serbia (RS) on 2.4 and 5GHz

Xose Vazquez Perez xose.vazquez at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 17:44:21 EST 2013

On 02/06/2013 08:25 PM, John W. Linville wrote:

> Thank you so much for this timely message!  I apologize for having
> overlooked it so far.
>
> I don't suppose that you could translate the information you have
> provided into the format used within the regulatory database file?
> Also, could you provide a link to the original regulatory document
> (even if it is in Serbian)?

Serbia is under ETSI/CEPT rules( ECC/DEC/(04)08 ), see summary[1]:

5 GHz current rules are too much liberal and incomplete:

country RS:
	(2400 - 2483.5 @ 40), (N/A, 100 mW)
	(5150 - 5350 @ 40), (N/A, 200 mW), NO-OUTDOOR
	(5470 - 5725 @ 20), (3, 1000 mW), DFS
	# 60 gHz band channels 1-4, ref: Etsi En 302 567
	(57240 - 65880 @ 2160), (N/A, 40), NO-OUTDOOR

They should be changed to "standard" ETSI rules:
	(2400 - 2483.5 @ 40), (N/A, 100 mW)
	(5150 - 5250 @ 40), (N/A, 100 mW), NO-OUTDOOR
	(5250 - 5350 @ 40), (N/A, 100 mW), NO-OUTDOOR, DFS
	(5470 - 5725 @ 40), (N/A, 500 mW), DFS
	# 60 gHz band channels 1-4, ref: Etsi En 302 567
	(57240 - 65880 @ 2160), (N/A, 40), NO-OUTDOOR

http://www.erodocdb.dk/doks/implement_doc_adm.aspx?docid=2033
http://www.erodocdb.dk/doks/implement_adm_doc.aspx?ITUID=48&ITUSHORT=RS&ITULONG=Serbia

Contact point for implementation status:
Ms Jelena Surculija <jelena.surculija at mtid.gov.rs>
Dr Milan Jankovic <milan.jankovic at ratel.org.rs>

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/wireless-regdb/2012-June/000058.html