[wireless-regdb] wireless-regdb: Update regulatory rules for Norway (NO)

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at frijolero.org
Tue Feb 7 18:05:59 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 2:47 PM, David Goodenough
<david.goodenough at btconnect.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 Feb 2012, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM, John W. Linville
>>
>> <linville at tuxdriver.com> wrote:
>> > Well, sorry for the delay...  I will take this silence as "no
>> > objection". :-)
>>
>> Sorry, I did get a reply by Michael Green on 11/28/2011 but I never
>> followed up with the list. Apologies as well with the delay, but here
>> is our review.
>>
>> The European Union has some harmonized European radio conformance spec
>> and QCA's interpretation and position is that that spec overrides
>> deviations for end products for specific countries like the one being
>> recommended for Norway. This also means that QCA does not deviate for
>> EU countries on specs, even if countries have their own quirks, for
>> any country in the EU.
> Except that Norway is not in the EU.

Technically that is true, but Norway follows EEA (European economic
area) agreements and uses CE Marking and ETSI spec for conformance,
same as all the other "EU" countries.

The full list that follow harmonized ETSI conformance standards:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Finland,
France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein,
Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal,
Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K.

31 countries

  Luis