broadcast packet

Thomas B. Rücker thomas at ruecker.fi
Tue Sep 1 06:02:30 PDT 2015

On 08/31/2015 07:10 AM, yfw wrote:
> Hi list,
> I am using Dragon board which is msm8916 based and use wcn3620.
> And hit an issue with wcn36xx wifi driver:
>
> It looks like the driver can't receive broadcast packet. When
> I tried to using "ping -b 255.255.255.0" from other box and dump
> the packet received, there is no any broadcast packet reported.
>
> I am wondering whether this issue could be reproduced on other
> platform with wcn36xx driver. If you could help to try it in your
> devices and let me know the result, that will be great. Thanks
> in advance.

You'll find, that this is closely related to what I reported in my
previous mail:

The driver does not implement configuration of the various filters that
the firmware/hardware seems to have, which means it's in an undefined
default state. This state seems to filter all broadcast and external ARP
traffic by default, which also breaks most of IPv6.

To get things working you'll have to implement a minimum of
configuration, probably by sniffing what the original driver does and
modifying single configuration values.

Cheers

Thomas