WCN3660/3680

Bjorn Andersson bjorn at kryo.se
Thu Sep 4 22:02:04 PDT 2014

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 2:28 AM, Eugene Krasnikov <k.eugene.e at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) I guess there is always something like bootloader that will load
> firmware and then will start executing it.

The Peripheral Image Loader (PIL) in the kernel parses the ELF header
stored in wcnss.mdt and based on this information loads the rest of
the firmware files (wcnss.bXX) into ram. It then jumps into TrustZone
to verify the signature of the firmware data and release the reset of
the riva/pronto block - i.e. boot the WiFi subsystem.

The subsystem comes up and register the "WLAN_CTRL" SMD channel on
edge 6, that is matched with the wcn36xx driver.

Regards,
Bjorn