[RFC] Implementing nohwcrypt in wcn36xx

Bob Copeland me at bobcopeland.com
Fri Mar 28 09:15:02 EDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 05:31:50PM +0800, Chun-Yeow Yeoh wrote:
> Ya, it is highly possible. Not so sure whether there is kind of raw rx
> mode in the firmware.
>
> AES CMAC also not support by ath9k. Maybe the best we can is to try
> encrypt and decrypt the unicast data frame and let others to be
> handled by mac80211.

Yes, this would be the best if we can't get hardware support for it.
But we'd still need to solve raw rx to use it.  Eugene, do you know
whether there's a way to get frames that fail decrypt passed back
to the host?

I also wonder if it is possible to use a different cipher suite for
the GTK, but I haven't really studied the matter.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com