[RFC] Implementing nohwcrypt in wcn36xx

Jason Mobarak jam at cozybit.com
Thu Mar 27 12:08:26 EDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 2:12 AM, Eugene Krasnikov <k.eugene.e at gmail.com> wrote:
> As was mentioned by Chun-Yeow check this flag dpu_ne?
> https://github.com/KrasnikovEugene/wcn36xx/blob/master/txrx.h#L130

I tried with and without the flag set.  I'm setting it as soon as a
key is configured, so... maybe we need to be more careful about when
we toggle the flag.

>>> I've attempted to mirror how ath9k implements nohwcrypt, but I've hit a wall,
>>> I'm able to configure keys and the driver receives encrypted packets from
>>> mac80211... but the packets to no go over the air once they hit the firmware
>>
>> How about the mgmt frames, likes mesh peering action frame? Also not working?

Mgmt frames, mesh peering frames work fine, we're able to peer,
exchange crypto materials (and it looks like the same key is derived
on both ends)-- but when it comes time to actually send data, nothing
goes out.