incorrect bss_params->tx_channel_width_set

Bob Copeland me at bobcopeland.com
Tue Mar 18 08:19:56 EDT 2014

Hi,

I just wanted to report this since I haven't done to work to
root cause or fix this properly, but we saw a big regression in
HT20 performance with the recent patches to copy all fields into
the v1 config.

>From my testing, it appears that with tx_channel_width_set set to 1
(the default), the firmware interprets that as using 40 MHz channels
rather than being able to possibly support them.  Perhaps it makes a
difference if the setting is on the BSS or STA config, not sure.

But at any rate, operation in HT20 is pretty broken with it set to 1
but works ok with it set to 0.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com