AW: wcn36xx wireless driver

Rummelhagen, Mirko Mirko.Rummelhagen at berner-mattner.com
Tue Jan 28 09:49:12 EST 2014

Hi Arbel Shoham,

an "Ad-Hoc" Network between 2 Nexus mako is not a big Problem at all. I managed to connect 2 makos with the help of iwconfig. I loaded the libhardware_legacy.so (void *h = dlopen("/system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so",RTLD_LAZY); ) and configured the network in a binary with ifconfig and iwconfig. I am not sure, if it is necessary to load the lib... The ad-hoc network works with CM as well as the stock rom.
The only problem: in the standard drivers the ad-hoc mode (iwconfig wlan0 mode ad-hoc) seems to be not an real Ad-hoc mode. So if you have more than two makos, there will only be a bidirectional communication between two of them. However, if you connect an pc to the ad-hoc network, the pc can send to all 3 makos at once.

I am trying to connect 3 makos using the wcn36xx drivers but so far no luck. I get all makos in the same cell, but receiving packets or pinging does not work right now.

@Eugene: Do you know if the beaconing problem is fixed? In your git is marked as merged, but my makos do not seem to send beacons in ibss mode. Also mesh seems to be not supported, if I try setting the type to mp. So how do you set up a mesh node?

Mirko