bmps mode

Pontus Fuchs pontus.fuchs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 09:54:31 EST 2014

Hi Eugene,

I was looking at how wcn36xx uses bmps mode. Currently it's set on
arrival of BSS_CHANGED_PS. This means we go into bmps mode if power_save
is enabled (iw dev wlanX power_save on) as soon as the connection has
been established and we never exit bmps mode.

Shouldn't we move this to IEEE80211_CONF_CHANGE_PS instead? This is
updated as soon as mac80211 goes in/out of dynamic PS depending on the
traffic situation? When I tried this I got around twice the throughput.

Cheers,

Pontus