AdHoc (IBSS) on Nexus 7 (2013) connecting to one node only

Jaco Joubert jdjoubert at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 00:57:43 PDT 2014

In the meantime I played a bit with CyanogenMod (which by the way does
use the prima driver compiled as part of the kernel.. not a dynamic
module).
I experienced limited success for my specific requirement.  I
sometimes have to re-configure the connection a couple of times before
it sets up correctly and allow traffic to other ad-hoc nodes in range.
And when it does and there are multiple other nodes on the ad-hoc
network, it only supports traffic to one (seems randomly chosen) node.

While I'm trying to get to the bottom of why it (prima driver) is
behaving like it is, I am also considering replacing the prima driver
with wcn36xx as a test.  I unfortunately have limited experience in
these sort of operations.  Are there any sort of guidelines I can
follow to to this replacement, or am I completely on my own?  I can
currently build CyanogenMod from source.  Basically need to rip out
prima and replace with wcn36xx.  Also not sure if wcn36xx can/should
be compiled as part of the kernel, or should it be a dynamically
loaded module.

The wcn36xx driver page has some instructions for doing this kind of
thing for the "Mako" device on CM10.1
(http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/wcn36xx#Mako_on_CM_10.1).
I am currently using the "deb" device on CM11 (M9).  I could attempt
to roughly follow the Mako guide, but I just don't want to do that if
I know up-front that my setup is too different.