[RFC] Implementing nohwcrypt in wcn36xx

Bob Copeland me at bobcopeland.com
Wed Apr 16 05:05:14 PDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 08:49:12AM +0100, Eugene Krasnikov wrote:
> Had a quick chat with Yanbo. AFAIU HW will check the frame if it's
> encrypted or not. So not sure how easy it is to workaround this
> problem without changing the firmware.

Ok, thanks!  It's good to know what the limitations are.

I implemented a crazy workaround that clears the protected bit
on transmit for test purposes, but obviously that's not
interoperable.  So in the absence of any firmware updates, I
suppose we must look at how we can make our encrypted mesh fit
what the hardware supports.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com