WCN3680 support

Eugene Krasnikov k.eugene.e at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 02:25:42 EST 2013

> What work is required to support the WCN3680?  I have seen that
> WCN3680 support is planned, but not much on the details of what's
> needed.

hal.h is changed a bit, but not that much. Some of the API just has
some extra parameters. Do not anticipate a lot of work there.

> The header "dxe.h" mentions some hard coded values ("TODO This must
> calculated properly but not hardcoded")-- is this related to
> supporting WCN3680?

Not exactly. Instead of hardcoded values we must just add a function
that will concatenate some bitfields. So instead of 0x024 we need to
have something like BIT(3) | BIT(6) where each bits must have a clear
description what it is responsible for.
I hope dxe.h of WCN3680 does not have that many changes in comparison
to WCN3660 although it would not be a surprise to me;)

> Is it possible for someone other than Eugene to add support? :-)

Yeah, good question?:)

--
Best regards,
Eugene