Intergrating wcn36xx to CyanogenMod GUI on mako (Nexus 4)

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Fri Jun 7 03:57:11 EDT 2013

Eugene Krasnikov <k.eugene.e at gmail.com> writes:

> Surprised that you do not need to change wifi.c file 8)

In mako the prima driver is statically linked to the kernel. I guess
that's why this was so easy.

> So modules will be loaded all the time.

Sorry, I don't understand this comment.

> Will supplicant UP interface in this case?

I haven't investigated in detail yet, but it seems that whenever Wi-Fi
is enabled from GUI wpasupplicant puts the interface up.

>> o In init.mako.rc comment out section "service p2p_supplicant" entirely.
>>
>> o In init.mako.rc make a copy of "service wpa_supplicant" section and
>>   rename it to "service p2p_supplicant".
>
> Guess you do this because you do not want to add p2p0 interface on
> wifi start up?

Yeah, I'm planning to deal with p2p later. Also Johannes had a hack to
cfg80211 to make Android happy with the p2p interface, need to
investigate that as well.

--
Kalle Valo