Intergrating wcn36xx to CyanogenMod GUI on mako (Nexus 4)

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Fri Jun 7 01:53:23 EDT 2013

Hi,

here are instructions how I connected wcn36xx to work with CyanogenMod
GUI on my mako. This is with cm-10.1 tree as of yesterday.

o Compile wcn36xx with backports.git. I sent instructions for that few
  weeks back.

o Copy kernel modules compat.ko, cfg80211.ko, mac80211.ko and wcn36xx.ko
  to /system/lib/modules on mako. Use adb root and adb remount to get
  write access to the directory.

o init.mako.rc is found from device/lge/mako/init.mako.rc in the source
  tree

o In the init.mako.rc add these four lines to the end of "on boot"
  section:

    exec /system/xbin/modprobe compat
    exec /system/xbin/modprobe cfg80211
    exec /system/xbin/modprobe mac80211
    exec /system/xbin/modprobe wcn36xx

o In init.mako.rc comment out section "service p2p_supplicant" entirely.

o In init.mako.rc make a copy of "service wpa_supplicant" section and
  rename it to "service p2p_supplicant".

o configure kernel and disable both CONFIG_CFG80211 and
  CONFIG_PRIMA_WLAN:

  cd kernel/lge/mako
  make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=$ANDROID_EABI_TOOLCHAIN/arm-eabi- -C $ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/ menuconfig
  cd ../../..
  cp out/target/product/mako/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.config kernel/lge/mako/arch/arm/configs/mako_defconfig

o compile the tree according to normal cm instructions:

  export USE_CCACHE=1
  . build/envsetup.sh
  breakfast mako
  brunch mako

o flash boot.img:

  fastboot flash boot $ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT/boot.img

And that's it. Now you can use wcn36xx normally from GUI.

--
Kalle Valo