Pending infradead outage.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue May 18 11:04:27 EDT 2004

Red Hat IS, in their wisdom, have given me 48 hours notice that they
want phoenix.infradead.org and pentafluge.infradead.org to be moved.
Despite claiming not to have even noticed the machines for the last 14
months, they have decided it's urgent that they go, and are threatening
to physically pull the plug after that time limit expires (along with
'sanctions by HR' for having put them there in the first place with
management approval)

I've arranged a new location but the lead time for DSL installation
could be 15 days. I'm assuming that RH IS won't be reasonable and let me
keep it where it is for the next fortnight; hence it's probable that the
best home I can find for phoenix in the meantime is inside of my home
network, on ISDN and publicly IPv6 only. We can move web services
elsewhere -- probably to canuck.infradead.org. Login stuff you can do
over IPv6. IPv6 is trivial to arrange -- google for '6to4 howto' or it's
about three lines in current distros' initscripts. I think even Windows
can do it these days.

There exists a possibility that they'll be reasonable about it -- but I
find it unlikely. Hence the warning.

--
dwmw2