Sender Permitted From.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jan 22 10:10:59 GMT 2004

I'm seriously thinking about implementing SPF: http://spf.pobox.com/

I don't really want to implement it on the _receiving_ side for now,
because of the forwarding problem (nobody's yet really implemented
http://spf.pobox.com/srs.html or any other solution in the wild).

But I _am_ tempted to advertise SPF records stating that all mail
claiming to be from addresses @infradead.org must come from one of the
hosts in the infradead cluster.

Pentafluge and canuck are both available for SMTP authenticated
relaying, so if you do send email from elsewhere (as I do) it shouldn't
be too much of a problem to relay through one of them -- and if you want
certain machines authorised to send mail from your address, that can be
arranged too.

Comments/screams of protest?

--
dwmw2