SpeedTouch and ISO mode, stats, ADSL Max.

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Thu Mar 23 11:47:36 EST 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 23:20, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 22:57 +0100, matthieu castet wrote:
> > But ueagle-atm use the same code (usbatm ) is able to get 5-6 Mpbs.
> > Does somebody manage to get this rate with the windows driver and a
> > speedtouch ?
> > May be it is a limitation of the chipset.
>
> At http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/330highspeed.asp it indicates that the
> maximum is about 6Mbps, which sounds fairly similar to what you said you
> get with ueagle-atm.

OK, by using iso with altsetting=3 I get a bit over 6Mb.  The difference
is that altsetting 3 has a max packet size of 960, while altsetting 2
(the default right now) has a max packet size of 640.  Now, while I
could (and probably will) just change the default altsetting to 3, I'm
thinking that maybe the choice of altsetting should depend on the line
speed - any opinions?

Ciao,

D.