iso support

matthieu castet castet.matthieu at free.fr
Sat Nov 19 13:39:10 EST 2005

Hi Duncan,

Duncan Sands wrote:
> Hi Matthew,

> I don't remember what that interface was...  In the case of the speedtouch,
> you can only know whether you want iso or not by querying the device.  I
> didn't like the idea of doing that in probe(), I'd rather do it in bind().
> That leaves three possibilities: pass the info by modifying the
> struct usbatm_driver (bad idea), by modifying something in the
> struct usbatm_data (yuck), or by adding an extra parameter.  This extra
> parameter is now a general "flags" parameter.  It's not a wonderful
> solution, but it seems to do the job.

Ok, thanks.

>>Also how can I integrate support for eagle bugs now ?
>

> Not sure what you mean.

I was thinking about :
#define IGNORE_ELISEQ           0x02 /* ignore ELISEQ errors */
#define ISO_PACKET_MAX_SIZE     0x04 /* don't try to use iso packets
that have a size != max_packet_size *

and the Stanislaw patch you merge in usbatm.

Now that 2 of 3 eagle fixes are used for all the modem, we may be ignore
ELISEQ errors when using iso for all modems.

Cheers,
Matthieu