usbatm question

Roman Kagan rkagan at mail.ru
Sun Mar 13 13:52:20 EST 2005

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 12:14:15PM +0100, matthieu castet wrote:
> Heu, where I store my driver data in ->bind ?
> If it is in usbatm->driver_data, my question is how to recover my
> private data from outside usbatm call (ioctl for example).

((struct usbatm_data *) usb_get_intfdata(intf))->driver_data

->bind is called in usb probe, so by the ioctl time you can rely on the
validity of the above construct.  Only make sure that all interfaces
reference the same usbatm instance.

> >->atm_start is naturally run _after_ ->heavy_init.
> >Why not do the stats _in_ the ->atm_start?
> >
> Because I need the state machine for booting the modem.

I don't understand, sorry.  It would have helped if you illustrated the
problem you're trying to solve with an example.

Roman.