usbatm : modprobe & rmmod

Roman Kagan rkagan at mail.ru
Tue Jan 25 06:07:09 EST 2005

  Hi Duncan,

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 11:44 +0100, Duncan Sands wrote:

> By the way, if you are suggesting that minidriver modules should register
> a struct usb_driver with the USB core, and provide their methods via the
> driver_info field in struct usb_device_id, that is certainly possible and
> is how it was done a few days ago.

If I get him right, this is exactly what Matthieu didn't like about
usbatm2.  Rather he suggested to do like the ATM layer, which takes the
struct atmdev_ops at device create time, not at driver register time.

At least this is how I understood him and implemented in usb_atm
committed a couple of hours ago.  And FWIW I do believe it to be
somewhat more convenient from the subdriver writer POV.

Cheers,
  Roman.