speedtch cxacru2.c, NONE, 1.1 cxacru2.h, NONE, 1.1 speedtch2.c, NONE, 1.1 speedtch2.h, NONE, 1.1 usbatm2.c, NONE, 1.1 Makefile, 1.8, 1.9 usbatm.c, 1.1, NONE

matthieu castet castet.matthieu at free.fr
Sat Jan 22 14:01:36 EST 2005

Hi,

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 21:30 +0100, Duncan Sands wrote:
>
>>>Sorry for asking again, but what does it buy you?
>>
>>I will answer this (and your previous mail) later.  For now, I would
>>prefer to just work on it.
>

> FWIW I'm with Roman on this one. We had a library which was available
> for the hardware-specific drivers to use as appropriate. Now AFAICT we
> have a single monolithic driver module which optionally contains support
> for various different types of hardware. That seems like a step
> backwards to me.

The new model is also problematic for driver alreading using driver info ...
Also some usb device comported like 2 usb devices. The first device is
when there is no firmware, and when you give it the firmware, the device
disconnect and appear as a new device (different id).
So in this case we need 2 driver (usbatm + the one for prefirmware
device), instead of one before...

Now when you load all the driver code so you end with a big module, even
if you want to use only one driver.

I think the library model was better and even can be split in a raw atm
lib + usb lib, now it try to implement a driver model and is very
restrictive.

I don't see any benefit of it, and I hope the future model will be
clarified, because I won't spent time for finally having to use an
something that won't fit for eagle-usb...

Matthieu