usbatm : modprobe & rmmod

Roman Kagan rkagan at mail.ru
Fri Jan 21 16:45:46 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 19:49 +0100, matthieu castet wrote:
> my kernel freeze after 2 or 3 modprobe & use it & rmmod of usbatm (no
> message).

It looks like there's a bug in usb_atm.c reference counting:
udsl_destroy_instance kfrees udsl_instance_data, while the latter is
is a member of {speedtch,cxacru,...}_instance_data and not kmalloced
separately.  I'll try to come up with a proper fix tomorrow (I'll have
to check if simply removing kfree in udsl_destroy_instance is enough).

Cheers,
  Roman.