[RFC] Conexant AccessRunner ADSL USB modem driver

matthieu castet castet.matthieu at free.fr
Fri Jan 21 14:11:16 EST 2005

Hi,

>On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 13:37 +0100, Duncan Sands wrote:
>> I agree that it makes more sense to only create the ATM device when
>the modem is fully
>> initialised.

>Great.  This should simplify the initialisation stuff dramatically,
>making the complicated interaction between usb_atm and cxacru / speedtch
>unnecessary.

What could be good is to remove all the firmware stuff, but also to
allow the open only when the device is ATM_PHY_SIG_FOUND.

Some device know they are fully initialized in interupt, so they can't
call directly udsl_instance_setup.

If you don't call tasklet_schedule(&ins->u.receive_tasklet), no urb is
send to the modem, and udsl_atm_open will call it.

Matthieu

PS : what could be nice, is to disable ins->u.receive_tasklet in
udsl_atm_close the if there aren't any listener.