exporting CARD_INFO_GET to user space

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Thu Feb 24 17:23:41 EST 2005

On Feb 24, Roman Kagan <rkagan at mail.ru> wrote:

> which makes me think that they might be also available in PCI xDSL
> devices, and the like.
Not that this is much relevant, because I do not know any PCI DSL modem
driver which works without at least a proprietary binary DSP library.

> Unfortunately I still don't have a clear perception of Chas' attitude to
> the proposed several weeks ago class/atm stuff.  I'll reiterate on that once
> 2.6.11 is out.
Please send a reminder now, hotplug support for ATM interfaces is very
important for distributions trying to cleanly integrate support for USB
modems...

> Anyway having DSL stats hanging off class/atm/device, one value per
> file, in a uniform fashion for all the devices, appears the most
> attractive solution to me.
To me it still looks like that there is limited space for abstraction
and no real gain from moving this in the kernel.

BTW, are you going to release the program which generates the parameter
file? I was thinking about writing one myself and play with it, but I'd
rather not reinvent the wheel.

--
ciao,
Marco