[RFC] USB Snoopy Log Web Browser

Aurelio Arroyo listas_sk3 at yahoo.es
Sun Dec 4 19:40:54 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm make a script, BASH <http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/bash.html>, to
transfer a USB Snoopy <http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/> log
to a MySQL <http://www.mysql.com/> database and a PHP
<http://www.php.net/> script to browse it.

The idea is transform a long and no easy to read log into a visual
representation of it.

Each row, URB, has four extra fields, -id, class, style
<http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_standardattributes.asp>, text-, used
to specify how show it in the HTML page and a field, description (title
<http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_standardattributes.asp>), to add
extra info.

For example you can set text to “{1fd<=15}” and description to “Set AFE
mode” to represent that the driver write 0x15 at offset 0x1fd of device
memory.

When you put the cursor over the text you can read the description and
if you click on it a pop up show the full URB and other info.

After transfer the log to the database you need write a group of SQL
command to set the extra fields. So you need know a little of SQL but
not too much.

With this I think that after analyze a log you can apply the SQL command
to a new log and see more easy if it give you something new or different.

Download and “screenhots” at:

http://www.alu.us.es/a/aurarrzaf/snoopy/snoopy.html

Some idea to make it useful for somebody more than me?

Thanks,
Aurelio Arroyo