speedtch speedtch.c,1.49,1.50

Roman Kagan rkagan at mail.ru
Fri Apr 22 06:22:57 EDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 11:32:06AM +0200, Duncan Sands wrote:
> > schedule_delayed_work() doesn't exclude schedule_work(), does it?
>
> well, doesn't this test
>
>         if (!test_and_set_bit(0, &work->pending)) {
>
> in queue_work and queue_delayed_work mean that you can't change the
> delay?  For example, if you already queued delayed work, you can't
> then queue the work with no delay?

Yes you're right.  I just didn't realize that you were going to use
both at the same time (the part related to the interrupt endpoint is
still commented out so I used to skip it while browsing through
speedtch.c :).  In this case directly manipulating the timer is probably
more convinient.  You may still want to reuse the timer persent in
struct work_struct, though.

Cheers,
  Roman.