usbatm xusbatm.c,1.6,1.7

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Thu Apr 21 09:16:21 EDT 2005

Hi Roman,

> Add support for multi-interface devices.

I think I prefer a different approach, based on the following
observations: the driver *must* claim the interfaces containing
the rx and tx endpoints; and the driver has no use for interfaces
not containing the rx or the tx interface.  Thus, the driver
should work out which interfaces contain the rx and tx endpoints
and claim those.  (I notice that your patch does not check that
the interfaces containing the rx and tx endpoints have been
claimed).  So I suggest the following approach: when bind is
called, check if the current interface contains the rx or the
tx endpoint.  If not, then exit with -ENODEV.  If so, then
work out which interface contains the other interface.  If it
is a different interface, then claim it (if claiming fails,
then bail out with an error).

Ciao,

D.