speedtch testatm.c,1.4,1.5

Roman Kagan rkagan at mail.ru
Sat Apr 9 12:32:14 EDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 06:08:23PM +0200, Duncan Sands wrote:
> > The following trivial patch makes it behave somewhat better.  The
> > endpoint number of 1 is arbitrary, the important thing is supposedly
> > that it differs from 0.  Can't outline the exact scenario which led to
> > the failures, though...
>
> Hi Roman, I'm confused... shouldn't there only be trouble if you
> try to send packets or open a connection (that starts the
> receive tasklet)?

Ah, stupid me!  I've tried with my usbatm patch applied, which submits
the reading urbs and starts reading data from the modem immediately in
usbatm_atm_init().  I'll check with the CVS usbatm.

BTW did excluding of the currently disconnected interface from the list
of unbound interfaces fix the problem?

FWIW, with a single-interface device (and my usbatm patch, with the
above mentioned consequences), I get:

 - CVS testatm: hang on loading

 - CVS testatm + the patch to exclude the current interface: testatm loads
   / unloads OK, but interferes with cat /proc/bus/usb/devices and
   various files in device's directory in sysfs

 - CVS testatm + the patch to use endpoint 1: OK

Roman.