speedtch speedtch.c,1.31,1.32

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Oct 7 06:15:50 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 11:19 +0200, Duncan Sands wrote:
> > Don't stop polling if we receive an interrupt telling us the line went down.
> > The Rev 4 modems seem to send that but no 'up' interrupt.
>
> Polling seems to be the only reliable method.  The Thomson people admitted that
> they had completely forgotten about the "interrupt urb sitting there waiting for
> a state change" method (windows doesn't use it), and had broken it in rev 4.  They
> aren't interested in fixing it.

Heh, OK. We do seem to get 'down' interrupts though, just not 'up'
interrupts -- so what I have there ought to leave polling on for the Rev
4 modems, while dropping back to interrupts for the older ones where it
actually works.

Or do you think we should base it on the revision rather than the
behaviour -- or just leave the timer running always, even on the older
modems?

--
dwmw2