alx stable Linux branches and tags

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at do-not-panic.com
Thu Mar 7 21:24:50 EST 2013

Linus has kicked out linux v3.9-rc1 and as such I've created
respective linux-3.9.y branches for compat, compat-drivers and alx.
What I'll do for alx is maintain the linux-3.9.y branch myself in
which I'll only pull in patches from master if they are stable
material. Obviously I'd only take in patches to the linux-3.9.y branch
if the patch is merged upstream into Adrian's master branch already.

The linux-3.9.y branch allows us to synchronize releases along with
the Linux releases given that the master branch of alx runs in synch
always with linux-next and FreeBSD HEAD.

Adrian if you'd like to carry / publish my branch:

git remote add mcgrof
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/alx.git
git fetch mcgrof

I didn't need to make any changes, so I just created the linux-3.9.y
branch and added the alx-linux-v3.9-rc1-1 digitally signed tag. This
branch / tag is what will go out in the compat-driver-v3.9-rc1-1
release.

  Luis