Water skiing

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Mar 21 12:13:49 PDT 2017

On Mon, 2017-03-20 at 13:41 -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> The webcams show more grass than snow:
> http://www.onthesnow.com/tyrol/kitzbuehel/webcams.html?id=10727
>
> ...and this week the minimum temperature is forecasted to be well above
> melting in Kitzbühel, with occasional showers. Is it bad?

I've seen better. It's raining a bit at 1400m too this week. Last time
I looked there was some snow forecast on Thursday but that's gone now.

But at http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Kitzbuhel/6day/mid the
freezing line is dropping off a cliff on Sunday so at least it
shouldn't keep melting. I'm sure it'll be fine. For us it's mostly
about training the children up so that we can ski properly in future
years anyway :) And worst case, it's an hour's drive to the glacier
where it *will* be skiable — and this week, probably not too busy
either.

It does look like the chalet is going to be rammed full, and with the
kids and just two showers it'll be a little chaotic. It'd work, but
I'll ask if Heike has a twin room available which will relieve the
pressure a little. Then nobody has to sleep in the playroom and be
woken by children at 6am every day...