Re: Munich -> Kitzbühel

Greg Stark stark at mit.edu
Thu Mar 2 09:52:19 PST 2017

On 20 February 2017 at 16:31, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> I booked with Icelandair, but my flight lands in Munich on Sunday 1pm,
> so I'll come up by train and presumably find nobody home. My old ski and
> boots are in Italy, so I'll go rent. Where would you recommend going?

>From my recollection there are basically two options. a) Intersport is
a large reliable reliable franchise with the usual choices and b)
SkiRent Michael's (www.skirent-michael.at) is a smaller local place
with. Personally I recommend Skirent-Michael but my reason for
recommending them may be peculiar to me -- they had telemark equipment
which isn't very common in Europe.

All this was from 5 years ago so for all I know it's completely changed.

Btw, I'm thinking of coming too -- is there still a bed or couch
available or should I inquire with Heike? I would probably be landing
at Munich around the same time if I book what's the cheapest right
now.

--
greg