2013 venue

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Jul 20 16:41:30 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 17:09 +0100, Greg Stark wrote:
> > I hear talk of Val Thorens or Courchevel... and Ben and Kirsty may
> well
> > be able to make it over to Europe this time.
>
> I think Guido was mumbling about the Italian alps.

I can highly recommend the Dolomites alps, particularly the Sella Rondaç
a circuit around the Sella massif, between Val Gardena and Alta Badia:

  http://mappery.com/map-of/Sella-Ronda-Ski-Tour-Map

The Sella Ronda takes a full day to complete and can be done in both
directions taking different runs.

If you get the "Dolomiti Superski" pass, you can literally keep skiing
on new runs until your ski wear out:

  http://www.welcome-italy.ru/pic/valgardena_map_big.jpg

The mountains are among the most scenic I've ever seen, and the towns
are also very pretty. Several years ago I staid in Corvara, where most
people speak Ladin as their first language alongside German and Italian.

That said, I doubt I'll be able to make it this year.

--
 _ // Bernie Innocenti
 \X/  http://codewiz.org