2013 skigeek - Les Menuires - 3 Valais (Val Thorens area)

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Jul 20 08:46:13 EDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-20 at 14:33 +0200, Jes Sorensen wrote:
> Ok, here is the scoop:
>
> The cabal has made the following decision. Skigeek 2013 will be at Les
> Menuires in the 3 Valais resort which includes Val Thorens / Courchevel.

3 Valees (with an accent on the first "e" but I can't be bothered
finding how to type that :-)

Les Menhuires is around 1800m and right below Val Thorens if my memory
serves me well, which means that it should have fairly good snow even
late in March.

Note that I'm also partially to blame for the choice of going to
France :-) We plan to go with the kids and want a place with a french
speaking ski school.

> Dates are going to be March 23-30, note Easter Sunday is March 31, which
> means some of us at least get Friday off for free.
>
> We have picked a more posh residence this time, which is slightly more
> expensive than in Avoriaz, however there is also the option for going
> into cheaper apartments in the resort. Please raise your voice for your
> preference and I can try and get space accordingly.
>
> http://www.pv-holidays.com/gb-en/apartments-menuires-alpages_RML-H_fp?hc=RML24&duree=7&dated=2013-03-23
>
> They offer 1, 2, and 4 bedroom apartments at varying prices ranging from
> EUR 1020 (+some minor taxes and insurance) to EUR 1500 for the biggest
> ones.
>
> Please let us know asap how this works for you date wise and whether
> you're in!
>
> I'd like to make initial bookings within a week if possible, note that
> we will be able to cancel and/or add more space too.

Cheers,
Ben.